Limp, limp

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

erin

Limp, limp

Post by erin »

Hi guys!
I'm back for yet more problems with my Molly...
She has started limping this morning quite badly. Before Monday, when we'll see a vet if the limping persists, I wanted to ask you guys why is it that she's ONLY limping when she walks on uncomfortable surfaces, like the pavement and the road? As soon as she steps on a bit of grass she's right as rain... I find it most odd... :) Could it be her shoulder and somthing to do with pressure? It looks as if it comes from up there... I have also checked and triple checked her pads - can't see anything...
I am resting her tomorrow and have rested her today as much as possible (we live in a flat with no garden), I will bathe her paw in salt water and we'll see how she goes.
Also (before I forget), she's not limping in the house, she has no trouble jumping in and out of the car, no reluctance, and is OK to jump on my bed.
I hope is nothing serious... :(
Erica

Re: Limp, limp

Post by Erica »

Hmm, just brainstorming here, but might she have some kind of irritated skin? Like a rug burn, or something like that...where comfortable surfaces don't cause any pain but rough ones do....
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Ferns Daddy

Post by Ferns Daddy »

Have you checked her nails? if I don't keep my Chihuahua nails short or she will limp when she walks around the drive way or on the hard wood floors.
Crazy Chihuahua make great pets
doggiedad

Post by doggiedad »

check her feet. stop the jumping. go to the Vet.
erin

Post by erin »

thanks for replies! All is well now! We have visited the vet at the time and it appeared to be no more than tiredness. So we rested for good few days and got as good as new afterwards.
I have to remember she's not as young as she used to be... ;)