Peed on by the dog...

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

Peed on by the dog...

Post by Leigha »

I wasn't sure where to post this one, so this seemed like a "health" issue to me maybe?

Thursday night I was sitting at the kitchen table doing some work. I was sitting on the side of the table that's closest to the wall with my back to the wall. Anubis was walking circles around the table sniffling at the ground. I thought he was licking at the floor trying to clean up after my 2 year old's dinner mess. Well, he stops behind me--which traps me in because he's now blocking my chair--and lifts his leg and pees on me and my chair. I don't mean an excited squirt, which he sometimes does; or a quick little marking shot. He PEED on me until his bladder was empty. Rivers and rivers of pee that formed Lake Urine on my floor.

Not once did he indicate to me that he had to go to the bathroom. He didn't go sit by the door or whine--he typically does those if he needs to go outside.

I have no idea why he peed on me. Should I just take this as a one off accidental, he lost his mind for a moment thing? Think I should worry about an infection of some sort (he's on an antibiotic right now, but not for bladder/uti issues)?
Ari_RR

Re: Peed on by the dog...

Post by Ari_RR »

I think walking circles and sniffing the ground was an indication that he needs to go out.... Which you unfortunately missed (perhaps expecting whining at the door) - and paid dearly. I wouldn't over think this, just keep in mind that circling sniffing the ground is a clear signal, that's what they do outdoors right before peeing...

Make sure to get the smell of the urine out.. Otherwise this spot may become the pee spot, that won't be fun!
doggiedad

Re: Peed on by the dog...

Post by doggiedad »

that's not funny but it's surely making me laugh. i think you missed a signal.