flipping vets

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

flipping vets

Post by meggit »

took buddy today to have him castrated and as hes a raw feed dog i took up a frozen raw chicken breast for him to have after the op, oh the fuss from the people up there was unbelievable, had to explain that hes fine loves his diet is fit healthy and happy no hes not suffering from a lack of vitamins and the usual rigmarole of yes uncooked chicken wings are fine for him to eat lets face it hes been on it for over 2 years now and is fine so whats the problem. Then to top it all if anyone remembers the fuss and bother i went through with my OH when i first started buddy on the raw food diet and the positive training methods well now believe it or not it was all OH's idea YEA RIGHT :shock:
JudyN

Re: flipping vets

Post by JudyN »

At least you've had a chance to educate the vet and other staff!

I'm surprised he needs food to be taken in, though - when I brought Jasper home, a few hours after the op, he was still a bit woozy and just needed a light meal later on in the evening. Although I'm a raw fan, I'd also wonder whether bones are a good idea as I think the anaesthetic can affect digestion.

Anyway - how is the lad doing? :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
meggit

Post by meggit »

poor thing hes feeling very sorry for himself and hes full of wind bless him its not a problem we usually have so hes not sure whats going on he keeps thinking he needs to go but its just ripe air lol
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Aw, bless :)
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009