James Wellbeloved & Nature's Diet Gram to Cup Conversion

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

doggymama

James Wellbeloved & Nature's Diet Gram to Cup Conversion

Post by doggymama »

Hi all,

I don't have any scales at home at the moment and was wondering whether any of you could give me a rough idea what 55g and 95g of James Wellbeloved dry kibble would be in cups?

Also - what would 180g of Nature's Diet be in cups?

OR - if it helps - I am feeding a male Chihuahua (2,5kg) and a female Griffon Bruxellois (5kg)

Many thanks
ladybug1802

Re: James Wellbeloved & Nature's Diet Gram to Cup Conversion

Post by ladybug1802 »

I'm afraid I have no idea what cup sizes are, being from the UK, otherwise I could help out! Plus depends what variety as the different varieties of James Wellbeloved, for example, are different sized kibble.
doggymama

Post by doggymama »

I'm also from the UK. Is there another way of converting grams? I've got measure cups for baking; they come in 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup.
How would you convert gram? Thanks so much.
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

I'm really sorry but I have no idea of the size of cups, and dont have any at home to try :(

Hopefully someone else will be along soon! Or failing that you could give James Wellbeloved a call? I doubt they will know in cup sizes, but they may be able to help or send you a measuring cup for their foods?
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

There are 8 ounces in a cup, so if you can find out about how many grams are in an ounce (it wont convert evenly, because one is metric and one is standard, but you can come close), that would help you get to cups. Hope that helps!
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Okay, so you are trying to convert a unit of weight measure to a unit of volume measure and you don't have scales for the weight part. I don't believe weight ounces would be equivalant to volume ounces anyway. May I suggest measuring out into baggies 1/4 and 1/3 cups of food of each kind and then taking it with you next time you go grocery shopping. Use the scales in the produce section to weigh your baggies. I am assuming scales are available in the produce sections of the grocery stores in the UK like they are in the US. I give my cat about 1/3 cup of orijen a day but she doesn't always eat all of it. I am thinking for small dogs the amount would likely be similar.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
doggymama

Post by doggymama »

Thanks guys. I think I'm better off investing in scales to get the correct amount.

MPBandmom- that's a really good idea, I might try that!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Save your money, Doggymama, and trust your eyes and fingertips. You feed yourself: you can feed your dogs. Give them 'some' and if they start to leave it or put on weight, it's too much. If they get thin, it's too little. Recommended amounts on dog food sacks are guides based on a generic dog, not to be followed to the ounce. Each dog is individual and what is too much for one will be not enough for another.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

doggymama wrote: I don't have any scales at home at the moment and was wondering whether any of you could give me a rough idea what 55g and 95g of James Wellbeloved dry kibble would be in cups?
55 g and 95 g of James Wellbeloved dry kibble is roughly 3/4 to 7/8 cups and

180g of Nature's Diet in cups is roughly 7/8 to 1 cup

Remember, it depends on what you're measuring! Here are some links to conversion tables (I think one is a conversion calculator) that may be helpful to you, even though these links are for converting measurements for human food, but they may help you out. Check 'em out!

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/kitchart/kitchart2.html
http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm ... asures.cfm
http://www.ask.com/web?q=conversion%20g ... 1215&l=dir
http://www.translationtown.com/tt/cont/conversorm.asp
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown