raw diet - no freezer!

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

raw diet - no freezer!

Post by danabanana »

ok so been feeding Teagan a raw diet for a while now and it's been going really well. But with me having to move I won't have any freezer space for possibly a month or two. Thinking of feeding Nature's menu or similar for a while until I am settled into new place and get my freezer in there. Am I right in thinking this is a pretty 'good' food? Or any other recommendations?
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Would be a shame to stop now, any chance you can get a small camping sized freezer and keep it somewhere?
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

I have tried Natures menu but it upset Horace's stomach. He is fine on both nature diet and nature's best (I think thats the one?). BUT they both do have rice in, you cannot get any prepacked food without rice, so if this is an issue then they won't be suitable.

Ditto above, maybe you could get a little camping freezer?
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

or do you have a friend who will 'lend' you some freezer space?
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

We used a mini freezer for years when we didn't have enough space for a full sized one. They stand on the worktop and hold more than you think. Downside is that they are not a lot cheaper than the full size ones.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230420528/Product.aspx
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

I don't really have the money for a mini freezer and it seems a bit of a waste when it should only be for a couple of weeks, 2 months max
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Ah well in that case. Teagan can have your freezer space and you will just have to live off take aways and pizzas ... Doggie comes first!! :lol:

All I can say is we or rather Kato is on Burgess and it suits him just fine, less windy :D and smaller poos!! Raw feeding goes over his head unfortunately......Have a wander round PAT and read some labels, only you can decided which one you want to use.

Fi
LmJanes

Post by LmJanes »

Thats nice to know that you guys do advocate raw feeding. My dogs are on raw diet too.
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

Raw feeding is the only thing that has put any weight on my saluki x.

She has gone from skeletal to merely thin as a rake. A triumph! :D