Just wanted to share

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Just wanted to share

Post by danabanana »

Teagan's only been out on proper walks about a week or so now and I've found a great little dog-friendly park about 10 minute drive away at the end of a street my friend lives on.

So took her over there, made sure I had a pocket full of yummy chicken and let her off lead (for more than 12 seconds this time!) - she didn't stray any further than about 40 feet AND there were other dogs there which she went over to say hello to then came tearing back to me and my friend.

She saw seagulls too which she chased until they flew away then looked a bit confused as to how they got into the sky and she couldn't reach them - then realised she was quite far away from me and ran back.

Ner ner na ner ner to everyone who has told me I can't let a beagle off-lead - am convinced now I certainly can.

Woohoo! It was great I'll definately take her there again, and just make sure I watch how much running she does while she's still little.

She's doing soooo well right now and is becoming a great dog, sure I am in for a horrible adolescence to make up for it though!
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Yeah, but after a horrible adolescence, you get your lovely dog back again :P

Good for you for putting in the work.
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

We regulary meet 2 beagles in the fields where we squelch - sorry walk. :roll: One is about 6 months old , the other about 4ish and they have always gone to their owner when called.
Some people generalise about breeds, but dogs have personalities can can differ greaty within their own breed! :D

Enjoy!!
beagler

Post by beagler »

Really well done!
You have dispelled one myth about the Beaglies! It's great that you have given her the chance to prove herself! Don't worry about those teenage years, mine still come back to me, hormones and all!!! :lol:
The first time one of my boys went to the beach he chased the seagulls for what seemed like miles! He ended up in the sea, up to his neck in the water, cause he wasn't looking where he was going, just up into the sky!! :P Don't know how got the bigger fright, he isn't a great swimmer!!!

Again, well done.
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

Owdb1tch wrote:Yeah, but after a horrible adolescence, you get your lovely dog back again :P

Good for you for putting in the work.
I just 'happen' to be working full time on placement round about when she'll be 6 months to a year old so OH will be taking over as main dog sitter then.

Wonder how that worked out so conveniently? :lol:
dodger44

Post by dodger44 »

i love beagles but my mom said one dog was enough responsibility and that i can't have another dog until i'm out of the house(only 5 more years :D ). but i must admit my dog Dodger is quite a handful, i still love him to death. don't know what i would do without him!!