Dog crates

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

NicolaLloyd

Dog crates

Post by NicolaLloyd »

Hi everyone

I am trying to find a very large dog crate for my adult dobermann dog. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best place to buy one from in the UK? (I.e. the cheapest :lol: ) I have had a look on ebay but not had much luck. I would be looking for one which is collapsable.

Thanks for your help

Nicola

PS or does anyone have a second hand one they would consider selling? I am based in Leeds
KathyM

Post by KathyM »

Hi Nicola

My sister got hers very cheaply on eBay, they're probably the best online prices if you find the right seller.

If you're really after a bargain, have you tried your local Freecycle group? I've seen a few go on my local one over the months (none recently enough to tell you about - I'm a member of the Keighley and Bradford ones - but if any come up I'll let you know).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycleleeds/

Hope that helps,

Kathy
xx
NicolaLloyd

Post by NicolaLloyd »

Thanks Kathy, I have just registered myself on freecycle so will keep an eye out on there. I've also carried on scanning ebay for bargains - hopefully something will show up soon!

Nicola
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

The Savic make for giant breeds are a good size and very strong. You can get them from Pets at Home or online at Canine Concepts. They probably aren't the very cheapest but are reasonably priced and I have heard of dogs chewing their way out of the less robust ones.
robb

Dog crate

Post by robb »

Hi

Shame it has to be a fold down version, I have a car cage which has happily carried my dobes around in and used as a house crate when they were pups, maybe worth considering getting one like this as it had a solid base, locable front doors and along with keeping them in the back of the car seems to make them feel safer when we travel.

Hope this helps
dogloverliz

Dog Crates

Post by dogloverliz »

They sometimes also come up on Pet Mart on our site Pet Owners Association, otherwise try Gumtree. Liz
www.pet-owners.co.uk
robb

Crate

Post by robb »

Did you ever get your crate?