OMG!! I love this book!

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

pmcrae71

OMG!! I love this book!

Post by pmcrae71 »

We purchased Victorias book 'How to have the perfect pet' and it is working very well. Just need for us to unlearn our bad habits of correcting unwanted behavior.

We have been having issues with our min pin on pulling while on walks. We have an anti-pull harness, but doesn't work. Connor will hunch is back and hop on his hind legs.

In Victorias book it suggests to stop and wait like a tree when he does this. In just 15 minutes outside he started to get the hint that we didn't go anywhere when he did this and he would get a hot dog treat for not pulling. Then it started to rain again and we had to go back inside.

Ozzy, our chow/gsd mix is four years old and he even picked up on it very quickly.
Emma&Tess

Post by Emma&Tess »

Wow you are lucky. We have been using this method for over 3 weeks and my puppy still pulls.
Meg4809

Post by Meg4809 »

I stopped watching TV last year, but I remember Victoria changing directions, and working in circles. I was holding a friend's pit bull last summer, and the circles worked perfectly when he spotted another dog!
KazTarja

Post by KazTarja »

its great when things like that work, but for those who find that it doesn't just remember that the same techniques do not work with every dog. if something is clearly not working try something else
lomohart

Post by lomohart »

I am just starting to read this book. I seems really interesting..I just hope it works for Ginnie...
Dentist Garden Grove | Dentist Anaheim