Petloc Lead

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

StaffieMad

Petloc Lead

Post by StaffieMad »

Thought you might like a look at this:

http://www.petloc.com/index.html

it looks amazing, for securly tying up your dog anywhere, although you shouldn't tie your dog up, this is a SAFE way!

Has anyone got one and if so are they any good?

Tasha :D
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Cant see any flaws with the product itself, its quite simple.

i make a similar thing but just double thickness leather which ok, you could cut through but only if you had a suitable tool, which most peole wouldnt and most household items wont cut through double thickness bridle leather - i cant get those combination locks so i use a buckle that takes a padlock through the tongue so you do require a key.

So far, ive made one and this was for someone who shows dogs and wanted something safer than a benching chain for when she had to leave her dog benched and nip to the loo.

That is im afraid about the ONLY use for one of these that i can see being sensible.

I wouldnt leave a dog outside a shop for fear of accusations of the dog being dangerous. Many dogs bark at strangers outside shops, wouldnt be hard for a person to be nipped or bitten if they provoked the dog, or to simply accuse the dog with no real reason.

In fact under the DDA a dog doesnt have to bite. It only has to be scary and sadly depending on breed, a lungy barky dog of a few types, tied up however securely outside a shop COULD fall foul of this. Not worth the risk.

The other use, securing in a car im also not keen on. Ok when the car is moving, but if you arent IN the car, then the dog ought to be behind a guard or in a crate. Anywhere ELSE and it risks:

a/ strangling itself either by jumping over the seats and the lead being too short.

b/ getting caught up on something in the car, ie the hand brake, and choking that way.

c/ biting someone who shoves their fingers in the window. Yes. Your car IS a public place in the eyes of the law, when its parked anywhere but on your private property. The DDA applies there.

d/ being stolen WITH the car.

As i say, the product itself is fairly safe, i suspect youd be able to cut that off with bolt croppers, but not many people carry those around on a day to day basis.

Someone stealing a CAR for either the car OR the dog inside though wouldnt be put off by it.

Someone who knows you do a regular stop at a shop however, may well have such tools to remove it - sadly this sort of dog theft does happen.

Best thing is to leave your dog at home.
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

oh yea i agree, i never put Micky in situation that he would be left outside a shop or in a car, if so me or my OH would stay with him.

I was just wondering what the product was like, seems good from your opionion :)
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]