DAP questions

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Noobs

DAP questions

Post by Noobs »

I am looking into using a DAP diffuser for Murphy. I've had someone suggest either the diffuser for in the house or the spray to spray on a banada he can wear when we go out.

My first question is: If I get a DAP diffuser for home, can I plug it into a room where he's crated during the day and then move it to our bedroom (where he sleeps) at night? Or should it be plugged into a more centralized location (living room, which is between his day room and oru bedroom) all the time? Does this make a difference?

And the second question: If I use a DAP diffuser at home, will it be necessary to use a spray on a banada for when we go out on walks? Or will the indoor one be enough and be effective when he leaves the house for a couple of hours at a time?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Karen (Murphy's mom)
Missymay

Post by Missymay »

You should be able to use the diffuser in different rooms and I think spraying it on a bandana when you walk is your call.

It should work for your dog the way comfort food works for us. :lol: Leaves him feeling calm (not full).

I would caution you that I have found DAP to be hit or miss. Some dogs have incredible success and some are not effected at all.

I assume you are looking for a way to calm your dog, so another option woult be Rescue Remedy or T Touch.

It's just always good to have options.
Kim and Asher

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotionâ€
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Missymay wrote:
I assume you are looking for a way to calm your dog, so another option woult be Rescue Remedy or T Touch.

It's just always good to have options.
Thank you for mentioning those - I have done quite a bit of research and was looking into both of those things, so I'm glad that I'm heading in a good direction.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

A DAP doesn't work on all dogs, I bought one for Joe, it worked on Tommy and Dixie but not Joe. Burning lavender oil does help Joe, I have an electic burner so don't have to worry about candles.

If you pm me your email address I can send information on how to do TTouch including the body wrap.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Missymay

Post by Missymay »

Heck with that, Mattie, I'm sending you my email address. I know a few TTouch moves and how to make an anxiety wrap, but would beinterested in anything you know.

I gotta get to one of those seminars.

And thanks for the lavender oil tip. I will add it as another tool in my toolbox.
Kim and Asher

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotionâ€