Chorkie, fear aggression towards other dogs

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Voortrekker

Chorkie, fear aggression towards other dogs

Post by Voortrekker »

I have two gorgeous Chorkies, both are female and sisters. When we got our first girl, Nina, she came into a home with another dog, male Bischon - Louis, and adores him no end. Her first encounter with another dog as a puppy was my friends black spaniel. Molly (Spaniel) was extremely placid and docile, when Nina saw her she went nuts, screeching/crying as though she was being mauled to death, whilst Molly was sitting 3-5 metres away staring up at the sky doing nothing.

Ever since then if she sees another dog, and she clocks then from miles off, she starts going bananas, whining, panting, screeching like a baby. We don't often come into contact with other dogs where we are so I'm finding it really hard to tackle this problem.

Both the girls are fantastic with children, adults, they get at least 30 minutes a day country side walking plus a romp in my friends huge garden where they play at the end of a day. They are are both on a good diet (x4 sml meals per day), they get lots of playtime with us and are generally relaxed and good girls. The only other exception is when they see cars or figures walking by even us, they bark bark bark.

Any advise how I can tackle this would be greatly appreciated.
Erica

Re: Chorkie, fear aggression towards other dogs

Post by Erica »

That sounds like a pretty extreme reaction! How old was she when she had this first incident with Molly? And how old are they now?
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14