bike harness on IMOTD with Chaos

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Chloe&Atlas'smom

bike harness on IMOTD with Chaos

Post by Chloe&Atlas'smom »

I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the harness that allowed Chaos to run safely by his owners bike? I have 2 APBT and think they would love to do since we always walk and play.
Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom »

I hadn't seen it on the show, but here's a quote from an unrelated thread. Hope it helps
Noobs wrote:Thank you, both of you for your comments. I am not going to be worried anymore and just do my best to diffuse any situations (I tried Victoria's method of distracting and giving treats for being quiet when the plumber came last week and it worked).
Mollysmom wrote: (PS, I'm impressed that you can get him to run along side the bike, Molly's one of those goobers who likes to lean against you, which means I trip a lot on walks... I'm scared to death we'll both end up disemboweled if I try to run her with the bike!)
Well, when I tried biking him with the regular leash, it didn't go very well. I actually use this product, which he took to on the first day. Now when he sees the bike he runs toward it and positions himself right where he needs to be to attach his collar.

http://walkydogusa.com/dog-biking-product.htm
~* Proud Mommy of a Mix Breed *~
[url=http://www.myspace.com/mollymae2004]Molly's Myspace Page[/url]
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
Chloe&Atlas'smom

Thank you thank you! My little one is too little but Chloe is getting so big that this will be a great tool next summer!!
Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom »

good luck and let me know if it works for you. Like I said before, Molly's such a leaning little goober I'm worried we'll both end up at our respective "vets" offices needing patched up if I try it!
~* Proud Mommy of a Mix Breed *~
[url=http://www.myspace.com/mollymae2004]Molly's Myspace Page[/url]
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
Chloe&Atlas'smom

THanks we will needs lots of luck I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for giving me the site address.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Just so you know, it seems that walkydog tool is selling out pretty well and is out of stock on a lot of sites. I had to buy mine from a random site I found by googling "walky dog", and unfortunately had to pay about $15 more. But it is WELL worth it. I bike Murphy to the dog park (2 miles each way) at least 4 times a week and he is tired and happy every time, and mellow even on days we don't go to the park and do a long walk instead.
Chloe&Atlas'smom

I noticed they were sold out. I was going to try googling it. Thanks I hope it works well for my girl.