What would the proper no pull collar be for a 8 mnth G.S.D.?

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

livin

What would the proper no pull collar be for a 8 mnth G.S.D.?

Post by livin »

Hello,

I am so happy to be part of this forum, thanks. I have a question in regards to the no pull collars I have seen on the T.V. shows. I have a (just under) 8 month old male Long Coat German Shepherd. He is great, and I love him. I rescued him at 4.5 months old. He had been transferred 8 times to 5 homes when we got him. He is been a GREAT DOG and we are bonding very well... he really has been a pleasure.... we have just a few small issues we are working on and one is a little pulling on the lead. I have seen Victoria use several different no pull collars. What would she suggest for a strong G.S.D. puppy of this type. I have been using a choker and doing the reverse direction method... but it is not working.

thanks,
Jacob and Kristi Angel and our pup, Rama
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=858

Go through this thread - ditch the choker, and be absolutely sure that everyone who walks the dog is absolutely consistent in the method.

I like halti harnesses and also figure eight headcollars but recognise that these are management methods NOT training methods and they will not, without consistant application of the method, teach a dog not to pull.