Aggression w/other dogs (Airedale/Mastiff mix)

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Baznme

Aggression w/other dogs (Airedale/Mastiff mix)

Post by Baznme »

Have had this 4 yr. old female since last fall turned over to me because of aggression with their other dog and their small child. She was going to be put down that week if someone didn't take her to work with her. I have been working with her since last fall but have not been able to squelch all traces of this aggression. She needs a forever home but with her problem, I don't see that in her future. She is extremely fixed on food and is extremely jealous of attention given to the other dogs in my home. Any advice would be appreciated.
Nettle

Re: Aggression w/other dogs (Airedale/Mastiff mix)

Post by Nettle »

Hi and welcome. :)

If you would kindly copy your post in the Training Advice section of the forum it will be seen by more people. When you do, please include the most exact details you can give about the 'aggression' incidents, what happened immediately before, what happened immediately afterwards, how frequent they were. Were there any other animals in the house, how was the dog kept, indoors/outdoors/exercise etc. Numbers and ages of people in the house and any health issues with any of them.

We need to know precise details of the dog's average day in terms of exercise, training, food, any other details, no detail too small, no post too long.

We need to know if the breed mix is certain or a guess.

We need to know if there are any known health issues with the dog, and if she has been given a full health check. If she is intact, when her last season was, whether she has been bred from; if she is spayed, when it was done.

We need full details of your other dogs, ages, genders, neutered or intact, and her interactions with them. We need particularly to know about the feeding system what/where/when.

Then we can help.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS