9mth old pomeranian male seperation anxiety & other problems

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

veronica8910

9mth old pomeranian male seperation anxiety & other problems

Post by veronica8910 »

Hi there I am looking for some help and advice on how to train my pomeranian puppy positively, I bought my pup from a reputable breeder, met her at a dog show and imediately fell in love with the little guy. Hes been home with me and my family for just over a month and grown very attatched to me.

He follows me everywhere if i leave the room he follows me but if my partner or son leave the room he doesn't move, also when i leave the house he barks excessively untill I return, it doesn't matter if my partner and son are home with him. its me he barks for.

I have been trying my best to show him that this is not acceptable. I dont give him attention when I come home i wait at least 20mins until he has calmed down then we play and we train using treats and toys. another thing that has become a bit of an issue is that when we leave the house together he barks excessively at everyone he sees humans or other dogs, children, prams, and especially bicycles.

I have tried the removal teqnique not letting him out the door until he is calm and bringing him straight in when he starts to bark. lastly he suffers from travel sicness, this has happened a few times now. I am scepticle about buying sickness tablets for dogs so i haven't bought any as this is my first time as an owner of a dog therefor i have alot to learn about and train my pup, but I am really determined and I feel very strongly about training him the proper way. So any advice and tips would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Suzette

Re: 9mth old pomeranian male seperation anxiety & other problems

Post by Suzette »

Hi there - I think your post may have been missed because of the section it's in. If you repost your message in the Dog Training Advice section you're sure to get some great advice from our resident experts. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11