Miniature Daschund Barking Problems

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

stepheab

Miniature Daschund Barking Problems

Post by stepheab »

I have a 4 year old miniature daschund named Oscar. I have had the worst time with his territorial barking problems. He does not bark when I take him somewhere away from my neighborhood or when we are hanging out inside the house and he hears some noises, however, when he is in what he considers HIS territory he barks at dogs and people in my whole complex and if someone knocks at the door he goes completely wild and I have 0 control. I have tried several things.....a coke can full of pennies to create a loud noise and then treated him when he stopped and looked at it, spray bottles used in the same way, and putting him in another room to answer the door, picking him up and closing his mouth with my hand (i know you shouldn't do this I just get so embarrassed)....I feel like nothing works and he is SO loud when he is barking out of control. I try taking him for walks and runs on the beach and making him do his tricks to give him stimulation but he's still an incredibly nervous dog and I don't know what can work for him. Any advice??
minkee

Re: Miniature Daschund Barking Problems

Post by minkee »

Sorry your post was missed here - if you get this message (hope you do!) try posting again over in the 'Dog Training Advice' section, it's much more busy and much more likely to get you some answers. Sorry I didn't spot it sooner!