T-Touch

Discussion of useful training and pet care tools.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

GundogGuy

T-Touch

Post by GundogGuy »

Hi doggy folks and doggy folk-esses... can anyone recommend a good comprehensive book or dvd (or both) in T-Touch?

would be much obliged....
"Oh what gold there is to find when one is blessed with an open mind" - me, not five minutes ago :-)
jacksdad

Re: T-Touch

Post by jacksdad »

It's on my list to get around to learning about but haven't yet got around to, so other than Linda's personal site http://ttouch.com/ I am not sure what other resources are worth suggesting. I am sure the more experienced TTouch people will chime in soon.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

I used the Linda Tellington-Jones method with my horses with wonderful results. I don't know if she has any books or online information pertaining to dogs, but I would guess she does. I actually adapted some of the techniques in the book to use on my dogs over the years and they love it as much as my horses did.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, but it will give you a starting point to start searching. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

I dont want to sound ignorant (!) but can someone explain what T Touch is for me please?
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

ladybug1802 wrote:I dont want to sound ignorant (!) but can someone explain what T Touch is for me please?
This page gives a nice explanation. http://ttouch.com/whyTTouch.shtml
--dontpugme
GundogGuy

Post by GundogGuy »

many thanks, peeps :)
"Oh what gold there is to find when one is blessed with an open mind" - me, not five minutes ago :-)
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I have the book Getting in TTouch with your dog. Explains how to do various ttouches and if I'm not mistaken has pictures showing you (it's packed away in a huge box with a billion other books right now :roll: )

Rupert likes the ear one but isn't keen on me doing any of the others.