Puppy Diapers

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

elsam

Puppy Diapers

Post by elsam »

I have a new puppy and she is not potty trained yet. I visit my elderly mom with my dogs at a retirement home. I want to know if using diapers on a puppy will negatively affect her in potty training outside.
Thanks!!
emmabeth

Re: Puppy Diapers

Post by emmabeth »

Please don't, it really isnt fair on a puppy as they cant avoid messing in the diaper and so tehy will have teh mess against their fur (doggy diapers are NOT like human ones that lock the wet away from skin to prevent soreness, and even human diapers are still not THAT great at doing that), and as they will be going indoors albeit in the diaper, they will think this is ok.

Carry your pup and take him/ her out for regular breaks - take tissues/wet wipes with you in case of an accident, i am SURE a care home is geared up for little wee/poo accidents, regardless of the origin!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

They can also cause infections because of the moisture and heat trapped against her ladybits. Thank you for doing your research before trying them - they really are a very bad thing.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
elsam

Post by elsam »

Thank you both for your feedback. I WILL NOT use them.
Blappy1215

Post by Blappy1215 »

I had an older dog that had bladder issues so I tried them they are horrible!!! I used one and threw out the rest the poor little guy had the urine all over him and he had to have a bath to get it off his fur.
"Don't worry honey right after the dog, your number one."
Elaine