BRILLIANT idea for puppy teething...

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sarahe

BRILLIANT idea for puppy teething...

Post by sarahe »

Hi.
This may be old news to some people, but as a new puppy owner I have found it is a MARVEL and so I thought I would share it with you.

As you may know I have a 10 week old choc labrador puppy. A friend of mine who also has a lab asked about his teeth and whether he was chomping on anything in the house. As yet, he is actually being remarkably restrained, but she suggested giving him chunks of frozen carrot to gnaw on.

Since she suggested it, I have tried it, and it really works. Rupert loves playing with the frozen bits on the kitchen floor because they roll around and he can chase them but he also likes the taste of it whilst it is defrosting.

Just thought it may help someone!!!

:lol:
frenchy01

Post by frenchy01 »

HI,

do you freeze whole carrots or chop them first and then freeze them? i have 2 pups and saw it on another website as a good teething toy.
sarahe

Post by sarahe »

You can freeze the whole carrot, but I wondered if it would be too much for my puppy to eat all at once, so I broke them in half and just put them into the freezer.

I havent cooked them or done anything else to them.

It really does work...although you do end up with carrot in quite a lot of places :roll:

But then I would rather pick up bits of carrot than chuncks of wall...which is what happened with my last lab. :shock:
emma-louise

Post by emma-louise »

Jack loves this!!! thanks for the idea!
click the banner to view our staffordshire bull terrier forum
[url=http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/cliftonfc/sbtlogo.jpg[/img][/url]