My dog has been traumatized please help

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Zinje

My dog has been traumatized please help

Post by Zinje »

Hi All,

I hope you can help me out. My dog is a 4 month old pomeranian named Koa. Ever since we got Koa, we have always handle him and pick him up. He was quite happy and loved being carried around. We went to the vets today to get his other set of vaccines done. The technician hand him back to us and he was quivering. I did not think nothing at the time and figure he did not appreciate the shot. Well after we got home he was quite normal. Jumping, playing, eating and rang the bell to go outside. Well after he did his potty I called him back inside and picked him up. He started to yelp for dear life, started to quiver badly and turned his head away while staring at the corner of his eye like I was going to hurt him. My heart sank and I thought i was going to cry. I put him down and he was normal but when I pick him up the same thing happen. I also started to notice that he yelps when I was petting his back while I was grooming him.

Any thoughts? I think he has been traumatized. I had my wife and kids hold him and it was heart wrenching seeing the pup yelping nonstop. How do i get him to trust us again when we did nothing wrong. :cry: :cry:

I have started to give him treats when we pick him up but he still crys.

Please help us.
emma-louise

Post by emma-louise »

oh bless hun i cant offer advice but feel for ya!
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Hi, maybe... when he had the jab the person who did it touched a nerve or similar and he is just sore. This can happen in humans - and as it goes to me personally. The needle can touch/scrape along the nerve... it can hurt I can tell you! You didn't give a time scale of when he had the jabs... I would say that it it continues for any length of time go back to your vets and seek advice. Hope this helps. :)