Koa update, more help please. (split from another topic)

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Liz & Koa

Koa update, more help please. (split from another topic)

Post by Liz & Koa »

I will check out this episode, and yes, we still have trouble. We just work around it. Koa goes to daycare two days a week and loves it, but at home he will lunge at anyone who comes on our propery or near me. Clearly protective and, I think fearful at the same time.

It's hard to work on because my husband does not want to take any chances that Koa will bite.

There is months worth of posts regarding his problem on the forum.

Thanks for your input.

Liz & Koa
:D
dontpugme

Re: Viewer Feedback on It's Me or the Dog!

Post by dontpugme »

Wicket wrote:
Liz & Koa wrote:I need to find one where it is towards people.

Thanks
Out of curiosity, are you still having trouble with your GSD? I remember one episode with a Weimaner (?) that went after children, but the episode name fails me. If you're still having trouble, we'd be happy to help. :)
The episode name was Making Room for Baby.
--dontpugme
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

If you'd like, I can contact the mod and have your dog's situation put in the training advice thread where other forumers can help you.
Liz & Koa

Post by Liz & Koa »

That would b great. These are my earlier posts.

Thank you.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2741
Wicket

Re: Koa update, more help please. (split from another topic)

Post by Wicket »

Liz,
What methods have you used since we have last heard from you? Has anything changed since then? What's the situation like now?
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Liz & Koa wrote:I will check out this episode, and yes, we still have trouble. We just work around it. Koa goes to daycare two days a week and loves it, but at home he will lunge at anyone who comes on our propery or near me. Clearly protective and, I think fearful at the same time.

It's hard to work on because my husband does not want to take any chances that Koa will bite.
Liz & Koa
:D

Liz can you remind us about Koa and what you have been doing?

Koa isn't protecting you he is protecting himself, he sounds like he is very frightened and this needs work in the right way, I can understand your husband not wanting to take chances.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

This is also a more recent post by Liz -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4109

Liz I recall you started using a trainer who claimed to be "positive" but has Cesar on the front of her site. She also had videos on her site of her working with Koa on guests, had a prong on him and was forcing him to lie on the floor while guests moved around (flooding), yanking him on a prong. There's no doubt that you were doing your best but this probably is a large part of the reason why things, two years later, still haven't improved as much as it probably should have. What, if anything, has changed since you used this trainer?
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

Liz,
Have you used done anything different from your post in November? In the episode thread, you mentioned he's still lunging at people, etc. If you don't mind giving us a more detailed update on Koa that would be appreciated. :)