Concern about Blackie's Behavior

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bmbutler

Concern about Blackie's Behavior

Post by bmbutler »

I have posted messages before about Misty and am happy to say that she is housetrained. She gave me one week to spare before moving into our new home with fenced backyard. :lol:

Problem this week and especially this weekend has been with my almost 4 year old flat coated retriever, Blackie. She and Misty play well together inside and out and now eat and drink out of the same bowl. I came home last Monday to diarrhea in my bedroom and am pretty sure it was Blackie. Cleaned it up, gave her some medicine. She did do it one more time, but just cleaned it up and figured no more problems. Wednesday was good. Thursday, Blackie pooped in my bedroom 3 different times without any warning she needed to go outside like she usually does. Cleaned it up (I do have a carpet cleaner on top of enzyme cleaner) and decided, okay, you can't go in my bedroom anymore and can't sleep in there. Two of the times she did it in the middle of the night and I woke up to it. No more problems with pooping in the house.

Saturday comes and I am trying to get both of them to come in for the night. Blackie was in and I tossed in a treat to get Misty in. Blackie became frantic to go out and got around me and shot out. She went after Misty. This has happened before only a couple of times and was like Blackie telling Misty "I am top dog here." I had to pull her back. No bites or anything. Never a problem over treats like this.

Sunday, I left out 2 balls with treats in them while I went to church to keep them entertained. Weren't touched when I got back home. Later though, Misty went to eat hers and here goes Blackie after her again. The other one was laying out in the open. Took the treat away. Of course, Misty will barely walk past Blackie in the house now. Happened one other time last night and Misty was not even near a treat.

What in the world is going on?? They both slept out in the living room last night without a problem and were out together this morning although Misty kept her distance a little initially from Blackie.

Has my dog gone psycho?
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
Mattie

Re: Concern about Blackie's Behavior

Post by Mattie »

I would have a full vet check with bloods first, this is a sudden change and could be health related.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
bmbutler

Re: Concern about Blackie's Behavior

Post by bmbutler »

Thanks. I have a call into my vet now to discuss bringing her in. This was so over the top that I think something is wrong or she does not feel good.
Blackie's and Misty's Mom