Vengeful Peeing In House

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MareyPony

Vengeful Peeing In House

Post by MareyPony »

I have a Chihuahua who is almost 6 yrs. old. She has had 5 owners during her life. She is a Am.Can.Ch. with a CD degree in Canada. She has had 3 litters and is now spayed. I have had her for 6 months. Our problem, is she gets made about "anything" and then pees somewhere in the house. Because of it, she is now confined to the kitchen. Her prior owners told me that she was confined to the laundry room or the covered dog run (which I know was huge) or the backyard, however, they had other Chihuahuas. This morning, she got mad as a large truck went by as she was outside going potty and it "spooked" her. So after she comes in, she waits for me to leave the kitchen, and then goes and does her two little pee spots on the tile. She does this no matter what it is that makes her angry. I now have her for sale, as I don't want to spend another 10 years of this. What can I recommend for the new owner. Thank you.
MareyPony

Re: Vengeful Peeing In House

Post by MareyPony »

I neglected to add, she goes potty in the kitchen, while the kitchen doors are wide open to the backyard.
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

Did her prior owners (or you) ever house train her? Has she been declared healthy by the vet? Instead of being vengeful, she is only un-trained or simply sick. Do other loud noises spook her as well and cause her to pee?
DinosaurHolly

Post by DinosaurHolly »

Has she always been like this with you? Did she have the same issue with her previous owners?

How often do you take her out - that is, take her out of your own yard? What do you do when you see her peeing, or come home to a wet spot?
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Poor little girl nobody has bothered to train her properly, nobody has taught her what they want her to do so she is passed from pillar to post. Each time she goes to a new home she is even more confused and insecure, no wonder she pees in your house, she doesn't know any different.

If you go to viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6125 it will tell you how to train her, every hour should be enough to teach her to toilet outside but it will take time because of her past. She has made someone a lot of money then nobody wants her. :cry:

I took a little girl like her on, it was the best thing I every did, with time and patience she became a wonderful dog who was a joy to own. You can have a dog like I had, you just need patience and teaching her what you want. You can do this with our help, you can rant and rave as much as you want on here, we will help and support you.

If you lived in the UK I would be knocking on your door for her, all she wants is a chance with a loving owner who will teach her, clicker training will help as well. It will build her confidence and help her bond with you.

I would also have a full vet check with bloods for her just in case there is a health reason for this, this will give you peace of mind knowing that all you have to do is train her.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
MareyPony

Post by MareyPony »

Mattie she was completely vet checked with her annual shots and inspections, teeth cleaned when I brought her home 6 mos. ago. She is perfectly fine. She only has vengeance issues and I am not putting up with it. I have had dogs all of my life, and have never had pee issues with any of them. I have had Shetland Sheepdogs, Afghan Hounds, Whippets, Dalmatians and a Jack Russell. No one has ever had sanitation issues.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

She is a dog, she does dog things not human things, she doesn't undestand English, she has had a horrible life and you are not helping her, in fact you are adding to it, it may be better if you give her away to someone who has the time and patience to work with her.

You are not putting up with it, she doesn't have a choice but to put up with you and what you are doing, she has already been let down by many humans which is why she is like she is. :cry:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
MareyPony

Post by MareyPony »

She has not had a horrible life. She has been very well treated. At first I thought her "issues" were from loneliness of the other dogs, but the wonderful gal who had her last, said that with dogs or people, she is a dirty fighter and sneaky. This IS her personality, she will always be the same. I just wanted to find out if there was something that someone could recommend. But no. She is house trained, and crate trained for travel. And she has had a wonderful wonderful environment; and has the blessing of my working from home; but she has a wicked little vindictive attitude over any issue that she interprets negatively. She has alot of negative attitudes over things that never should bother anyone. The last owner that the breeder tried her with provided her with a wonderful life as well. She took her with her everywhere. Only issue I had was that the gal carried her everywhere, which I am sure she loved, as I refuse to carry her, she is a dog, and can use her own legs and feet, and has become to love her twice a day walks. But I will not make excuses for pottying in the house over life happening issues. It is not my nor her problem if the truck "rumbles" past outside of our yard, it is not my nor her problem if someone's dog down the street screams or barks for whatever issue. And she has to pee on whomever picks her up when they place their hands on her to put her down again. That is just vindictive. No one has ever dropped her, no one has ever used her for a 'mock football' and of that I am sure. I know the last 3 breeder/owners, and the LOVE their dogs; perhaps too much so. No I needed help with a vindictive little attitude. Thank you.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

This morning, she got mad as a large truck went by as she was outside going potty and it "spooked" her.
It probably scared her not made her angry. I would have brought her back in for a few minutes and kept an eye on her before taking her back out.

Dogs aren't vengeful, they don't pee in the house to get their own back on us or anything else. They do it because they don't know any better or haven't been taken out often enough. Have you actually spent any time house training her as though she were a young puppy?

Actually after reading your last post if that's your attitude then find her a home with someone who'll accept that she's frightened of things and confused and help her work through them instead of thinking of her as wicked, vengeful and vindictive.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

The one with the vindictive attitude is you, not your dog. She should thank her lucky stars once she's out of your "home".
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

MareyPony wrote:She has not had a horrible life. She has been very well treated. At first I thought her "issues" were from loneliness of the other dogs, but the wonderful gal who had her last, said that with dogs or people, she is a dirty fighter and sneaky. This IS her personality, she will always be the same. I just wanted to find out if there was something that someone could recommend. But no. She is house trained, and crate trained for travel. And she has had a wonderful wonderful environment; and has the blessing of my working from home; but she has a wicked little vindictive attitude over any issue that she interprets negatively. She has alot of negative attitudes over things that never should bother anyone. The last owner that the breeder tried her with provided her with a wonderful life as well. She took her with her everywhere. Only issue I had was that the gal carried her everywhere, which I am sure she loved, as I refuse to carry her, she is a dog, and can use her own legs and feet, and has become to love her twice a day walks. But I will not make excuses for pottying in the house over life happening issues. It is not my nor her problem if the truck "rumbles" past outside of our yard, it is not my nor her problem if someone's dog down the street screams or barks for whatever issue. And she has to pee on whomever picks her up when they place their hands on her to put her down again. That is just vindictive. No one has ever dropped her, no one has ever used her for a 'mock football' and of that I am sure. I know the last 3 breeder/owners, and the LOVE their dogs; perhaps too much so. No I needed help with a vindictive little attitude. Thank you.
If she has a negative associations with these things, then another option is to counter condition to these sounds, such as a truck passing by, a dog barking or help her find other ways to cope with getting used to not being not picked up, etc. Having a chihuahua mix myself, Chihuahuas (in my experience and from books) are noise sensitive and can be trained to help the hearing impaired. While it shouldn't bother her, it does. By changing the emotional response to dogs and cars, you (or another owner) can help her.

It may be peeing is her only way to cope since she hasn't been taught any different. I'm not making "excuses" for the behavior but rather hoping you'll see the world from her point of view.
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

hi there

I am so sad to read this: "but she has a wicked little vindictive attitude over any issue that she interprets negatively"

Dogs can never be wicked not vindicative. They are not like us! Who gave you this opinion that they are? Oh my gosh. Please I beg of you to realise how wrong you are.

I do think, you could either learn via this forum of better ways of treating her or she should go to a lovely home where she can be trained and made to feel more confident. Why don't you stay a while here and at least try some of the methods people are proposing to you on here.

I am so sad for this little dog all the way from the UK - sending her hugs :-(
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

you have not had this type of dog before and all dogs are different. please try to understand that. she pees when people pick her up because she is scared!!! why would it cross her mind to pee to be nasty? dogs do not have that ability. sadly it is ONLY HUMANS who have that. why can you not see that? Oh gosh. I have to calm down. I hope you see things differently and this is your chance to learn a different way. Please follow the link given above on potty training - work through it and you'll see a difference. Also, I would stop people from picking her up - she doesn't need to be picked up. That is scaring her.
tinytwo

Post by tinytwo »

Please, please listen to those who have said that dogs don't do things for the reasons people do. They are RIGHT! Dogs don't have the higher level thinking needed to do things for revenge or spite or any of those reasons. Please, please believe that!

And, she may have had owners that tried to give her a nice home, but if she had 5 owners in 6 years, she is definitely going to have some issues, know matter how nice the homes were.

In my opinion, the previous owners all gave up on her, and that's sad. Now you are, too.

Every time a dog goes to a new home, they need to be re-potty trained, because there will undoubtedly be different routines in each home. But, if this didn't happen, and people automatically expected her to adapt, then she is confused, and has just given up! :cry: As far as being noise sensitive, I also have a chihuahua mix and she gets spooked, too. There are ways to work with them, though.

And, one comment you made went something like: that's just the way she is and the way she's always going to be.
Well, yes, if no one trains her to behave differently. But, with training, humans can change LOTS of behaviors that they find undesirable in their dogs.

If I wasn't at my limit now, I'd want your little girl, too, because I just think about MY little girl and I can't imagine her being in this situation.... :cry:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Hmmm... I smell a troll. :evil:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.