My pit bull is being aggressive, help?

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mattie

Re: My pit bull is being aggressive, help?

Post by Mattie »

Don't attack us because you didn't get the answers you wanted, the rescue should never have let you have him, they are the ones to blame not us.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

It's not that they don't believe in trying, they just know that the likelihood of a reconciliation or an ability to live together harmonious is slim to none. You could attempt to take the dog to a humane society that is no-kill or find a breed specific rescue organization that works on a foster basis so that the dog doesn't have to be put down.

The reality of having dogs that do not get along is that it takes a lot of effort to make it work and it has to work with almost military precision. No slip-ups can happen because it could mean the life of one of the dogs or an injury to you in an attempt to separate the dogs. They're not saying that you HAVE to get rid of one of the dogs, they're being responsible and saying that it's the safest option.
willkelly

Post by willkelly »

Alright, well the 3 of my dogs have always and will continue to live great lives, and this issue will be resolved no thanks to the help of anybody on this website.
Jenna316

Post by Jenna316 »

willkelly wrote:Well apparently neither of you believe in even trying to make things work between the two. So at your requests I'll take him back to the pound where I'm sure he'll be put-down within the week.
I'm sure this was written in the heat of the moment because you didn't get the advice you were hoping for. But just in case . . . why take him to a kill shelter? You say he is sweet and gentle, so forget the shelter and contact a rescue organization. They can help you with rehoming him where he will be safe. Meanwhile, your female will be much happier as well.

When we take on dogs, from that moment on, all we do should be in their best interest. Sometimes that means making hard but necessary decisions. Though it clearly was hard for you to hear, you've been given great advice from folks here who know what they're talking about, who have your dog's best interest at heart and have done their best to help you with a difficult situation. In the end, it's your decision. But your dogs are counting on you to do what is best for them. I hope you're up to the task, for their sake as well as your own.
BCMumto3

Post by BCMumto3 »

willkelly wrote:Well apparently neither of you believe in even trying to make things work between the two. So at your requests I'll take him back to the pound where I'm sure he'll be put-down within the week.
Hun you cant blame the people on here for the advice they give
The situation you are in isnt their fault and they are simply giving you their honest opinion as to what is best for both your dogs

Good luck with whatever you choose to do