help with phobic dog

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jjphoenix

help with phobic dog

Post by jjphoenix »

a friend of mine has 2 staffies, one is quite new.
she was chasing the cats, so theyve been doing lots of work with her, on a lead and rewards for calm behaviour and calm meetings etc, which has gone well and she is now fine.

However, sunce they started doing this stuff with her, tyler, their other staffie, who is 15 months old, is now terrified of going in their front room, theyve been leaving chopped hot dog and pork pie on the floor in there for him, and treating him when he comes in the room, but he's getting worse, and now he wont even come in the house after a walk, they have to carry him in, even luring with pork pie wont get him to budge. they've stopped training with the other dog now as shes fine with the cats. they said they shouted at her once when tyler was in the room but thats it negative wise

i was thinking secondary flight period, letting him have the acces to the rest of the house so he doesnt feel trapped and all good things happening in the front room when he goes in there, but he's getting progressivley worse, now he wont go in the house after his evening walk

im out of ideas, and really open to suggestions please! big grin i was hoping you guys might have some other ideas on wat to do?
money can buy a dog but only love will wags its tail - DEED NOT BREED
***Melissa***

Re: help with phobic dog

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I think your question was missed, so I'm bumping this for you :)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams