Cleaning Products

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Midget

Cleaning Products

Post by Midget »

Hi, it's me again, still having pottu problems :D

So i managed to teach her how to go outside and sometimes she waits for me at the top of the stairs when she wants to go.
The one thing i didnt think of when i taught her not to go in the bathroom but outside is , where will she go when im away if not in the bathroom? So she goes on my carpet.

I am cleaning and cleaning and cleaning, at first some remedies worked fine, but later...well they dont work anymore.
Underneath my carpet is an unfinished hardwood floor (yikes!). I clean with white vinegar,baking soda and oxyclean. The carpet and wooden floor.
When i first got her i fed her and she slept near the entrance of the apartment and she "went" in the bathroom. I have changed her spot and moved it to the kitchen (opossite side of entrance and near the bathroom) so now she goes on the carpet which is near the entrance.
So i think that as much as i clean, she will still go on the carpet cause its far from her sleeping/eating place.

Anyways, real question is, has anyone used "dr.beckmann stain devil" the one for urine? In my country i dont have much options in the local pet shops or supermarkets. This is the only product i found that has something to do with urine remover.
If anyone has used it i would love some tips! xD
josie1918

Re: Cleaning Products

Post by josie1918 »

Try to find a cleaning product that is enzyme based, don't know what you have available, but the enzymes are what destroys the pheromones in the urine and will get rid of the smell/stain.
Good luck
Midget

Re: Cleaning Products

Post by Midget »

josie1918 wrote:Try to find a cleaning product that is enzyme based, don't know what you have available, but the enzymes are what destroys the pheromones in the urine and will get rid of the smell/stain.
Good luck
Thanks for the reply. The product i have says it has <5% enzyms so i guess it will do. It does say though that they dont recommend use on carpets but im gonna throw it away anyways so... I'll give you the results!

Thanks xD