dog trainer

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

josie1918

dog trainer

Post by josie1918 »

Has anyone ever heard of some trainer named Don Sullivan? I attempted to look up his methods, but all I can find is are places to "buy his secrets of a perfect dog".
emmabeth

Re: dog trainer

Post by emmabeth »

Nope, and I don't be trusting 'secrets' you have to pay for either.. ugh. Do people ever actually DO that. Mmmm, I might do an e-book on 'secrets of getting thin, making a million and training your dog - in two days'... riches here i come!

Sorry that was no use whatsoever, I will do some googling too, but I very much suspect - scam.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

I've come across this guy's ads on the internet before. He's very SELL SELL SELL! I don't have an issue with trainers writing and selling books. I have an issue with people claiming to be trainers and saying, "Buy my book to find out what I'm about." From what I've seen on the internet, it looks like he may use a lot of training methods based on dominance theory. I haven't heard this from him. I've heard this from others who bought his book and posted their thoughts online.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

emmabeth wrote:Nope, and I don't be trusting 'secrets' you have to pay for either.. ugh. Do people ever actually DO that. Mmmm, I might do an e-book on 'secrets of getting thin, making a million and training your dog - in two days'... riches here i come!

Sorry that was no use whatsoever, I will do some googling too, but I very much suspect - scam.
:lol: :lol:
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

this is sorta what I thought, just thought I would ask if anyone had any real experience with this guy. Thanks
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Just done a search, it seems he becomes the dog's mother and disciplines dogs the same way :roll:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

Ehhh I just read the common "dog myth's" section and I am very unpleased with it.
Everything is ".. and you can change this IF you buy these books!/.. IF you follow Don's methods!"

and according to him, you're dog should never defend itself if it is being attacked, it should be submissive.. :roll:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Yeuch.. wonder if he submits when being attacked.. bet he wouldnt think that was reasonable then!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

forkin14 wrote:and according to him, you're dog should never defend itself if it is being attacked, it should be submissive.. :roll:
:shock: *shakes head* :shock:

that is not even reasonable
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

Had someone in, with a little terrier mix dog, that for the last 3 years, has been what I call a "giggly wiggly" Maybe not really obedient :D But so loving and happy it just isn't that big of a deal. Came in and I thought the dog was there because it was sick, it was an "android dog" I asked what was wrong, her owner began to rave about the training dvd's she had gotten, I personally did not like what I saw, but I did not want to blame the training course just yet, as sometimes people can do things and not tell you what they have been up to :x So, now the truly ghastley part of all of this is that she has loaned her dvd's to all of her friends and family members :evil: