Please help.....

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

GllntKnight

Please help.....

Post by GllntKnight »

Shiloh has no recall and is very territorial has bitten two people also jealous of her brother when he is getting attention although both get equal attention.

Her brother Wilbur chases cars need I say more?

I'd heard Victoria will be in the tri-state area perhaps she could stop by to help.
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner
jacksdad

Re: Please help.....

Post by jacksdad »

For recall, check out this thread and read the post by Mattie > viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6364&p=42046&hilit= ... all#p42046

Here is how one member cured car chasing, maybe it can help you too > viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5110

Could you go into a bit more detail regarding the circumstances when Shiloh bit the two people?

Also can you give a bit more info regarding the dogs, their typical routine etc. Stuff such as bred of dog, age, any training, daily routine in for feeding, exercise and anything that may give a better idea of your dogs daily lives so advice can be more targeted.
GllntKnight

Post by GllntKnight »

She bit them when they crossed the invisible fence line. They are both JRT's brother and sister she will be four end of the month he will be three in August.

Come and go as they please through dogie door onto four plus acres Fed twice daily kibble in am raw in pm crated at night or when we aren't home or kenneled outdoors.

Shiloh passed obediance class Wilbur never had any formal training.
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner
GllntKnight

Post by GllntKnight »

I did the longe line bit it doesn't work.

I am disabled and pretty much housebound so I can't be outside watching him every minute He can't go on the road contained by invisible fence. He never chased cars before I decided to take them on the road to exerccise them on my scooter and then he lunged at the cars and I never took them on the road again but he has worn a dirt path on the front lawn chasing them, the cars.

Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Done properly the long line recall training works, it is how I teach all my dogs and many others have had success with it.

I am also disabled and have a mobility scooter, it doesn't stop me from training my dogs properly, I have to change the way I work to keep things consistant for my dogs.

The electric fence could be part of the problem, many dogs will attack others when they come onto their property, it doesn't matter who they are to a dog.

From what you say you didn't used to take him on the road but do now, this wanting to attack cars could be fear if he isn't used to them going past at speed.

We really need more information if we are going to help you, his daily routine, what he is fed, how much exercise and training her gets daily, etc. Please give as much information as you can, the more we have the better.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]