Dodgy dogy doors

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

mistychick

Dodgy dogy doors

Post by mistychick »

Hey everyone I recently brought a electric dog door for duke so he can come in and out of my house with out letting the cat out. I live in South Australia and brought it over the internet from a company named Staywell doors. I am dissapointed to say when I opened the packaging that there was no door key, or any of the other accessories that go with it such as batteries, I couldn't figure how to open it even with reading the instructions, and there was no reciept which was needed for my 3 year warranty. I have contacted the company through email being the only way to contact them. I haven't heard from them yet but after I contacted them. I tried to size it up with duke and was very upset to find out that for a door for big dogs including rottweilers he could bearly fit his head let alone his shoulders. I paid over $200 dollars for this door and the odds of me getting my money back look very slim at the moment. Firstly I would like to warn all your dog owners out there to be careful when buying dog products over the internet make sure its a reputable sight such as http://www.rottweiler-dog-breed-store.com/ a good sight I am very pleased with there product quality and service. and of course to never buy any staywell products there awful.

Any way now that I have warned you what I would really like to know is. Are there any dog lovers out there that know where to get a electric doggy door any sights I can order over the internet that will fit a 2 year old fairly broad rottweiler. Your help would be really appreciated the sooner I get the door the sooner duke can spend more time in the house and less in the yard. Well thankyou.

Yours Misty
suttonsue

Re: Dodgy dogy doors

Post by suttonsue »

This is probably in the wrong forum but here goes. Staywell are very good generally. I would have thought they would have given dimensions on their site which would give you some idea of whether your dog will get through it or not. I have a normal staywell dog flap which is big enough for a bulky lab but it's not electronic. I gave up on anything electronic years ago when an intruder cat burst through my electronic cat flap. BTW The cat will probably be waiting for your dog to open it up and nip out before it finally closes :D
mistychick

Re: Dodgy dogy doors

Post by mistychick »

yeah just unlucky I guess thanks for the advice