Bacon scented bubbles

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

zekesmom

Bacon scented bubbles

Post by zekesmom »

Hi everyone!
I saw an IMOTD episode with 2 labs recently. Victoria introduced Bacon scented bubbles to provide some exercise and stimulation for the dogs since they couldn't be walked much. Well, it's raining and cold here, and will be pouring down rain for the next week. I thought the bacon scented bubbles might provide some much needed activity for Zeke. Here is the question - has anyone tried these? Opinions? Thanks!
surviving puppyhood
Fundog

Re: Bacon scented bubbles

Post by Fundog »

I haven't tried the bacon scented ones. However, I have done the regular (people) bubbles for my dogs, which they do enjoy. The only caveat is, when you blow bubbles indoors, they tend to make the floors slippery, since bubbles are made of soap (glycerin), afterall. Now I don't really know for sure what the bacon bubbles are made of-- I can only assume they are soap as well, since glycerin (primary component in soap) is what makes the bubbles-- but I would be careful about how much bubble snatching they get, as they are likely to ingest some when they snap at them, and the glycerin can act as a laxative. Does anyone have access to a bottle of bacon bubbles at the moment, to look at the ingredients? I could be wrong. :wink:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Cheetah

Re: Bacon scented bubbles

Post by Cheetah »

I've always just used regular children's non-toxic bubbles for my dogs... I only have them chase the bubbles for a few minutes at a time anyway, so they don't overdo it.

I tried bacon and chicken scented/flavored bubbles once and they were kinda weak, didn't float well, and popped really fast... but it could have just been the brand...
Eevee, 10-year-old Border Collie mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo), 4-year-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi