HELP WANTED W/ PERIODICWEST HIGHLAND WHITE TERRIER AGRESSION

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sherrymyra

Post by sherrymyra »

My westie is similar to this. It worries me.
bridgetjones726

Post by bridgetjones726 »

Thank you to everyone for all for the suggestions and advice. I sincerely appreciate the time you have spent replying to me. I admit I have been nervous around Delaney since the incident and I am sure she picks up on that. I am slowly, but surely being more comfortable around Delaney since the incident.

Delaney is being pooped out by our walks the past couple of nights. I am hoping it continues....It is definitely making me tired, but I need to loose some weight anyway. I also love walking her--it is our bonding time! I bring along some chopped turkey lunch meat for a treat if I need her to stop and focus.

Is cheese ok to give to a dog? Are there specific cheeses that are more appetizing to dogs than others? I have never heard of giving cheese to dogs. That seems a bit odd to me, but if she will eat it, I am game to give it to her....

Thanks again! Take care everyone!!!

Cricket
Smillin'Sammy

Post by Smillin'Sammy »

Cheese is fine to give to dogs, they love it! I know a pug that enjoys the string cheese for kids that comes in individual packages, cheddar+mozzerala combined. And she's a big competitor in show rings, so I'm sure it's good for her :)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Dogs love anything with a stong smell including cheese. The tubes of cream cheese, especially the ham flavoured ones dogs adore. These are good because you just let the dog lick the top of the tube, they get the taste but don't get enough to fill their tummies. :lol: It is still a high reward for them but not as likely to put weight on them.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

bridgetjones726 wrote:Thank you to everyone for all for the suggestions and advice. I sincerely appreciate the time you have spent replying to me. I admit I have been nervous around Delaney since the incident and I am sure she picks up on that. I am slowly, but surely being more comfortable around Delaney since the incident.

Delaney is being pooped out by our walks the past couple of nights. I am hoping it continues....It is definitely making me tired, but I need to loose some weight anyway. I also love walking her--it is our bonding time! I bring along some chopped turkey lunch meat for a treat if I need her to stop and focus.

Is cheese ok to give to a dog? Are there specific cheeses that are more appetizing to dogs than others? I have never heard of giving cheese to dogs. That seems a bit odd to me, but if she will eat it, I am game to give it to her....

Thanks again! Take care everyone!!!

Cricket
Behold the power of cheese. I use string cheese for trianing agility with 2 of my 3 dogs. The third usually gets cheese when learning a new behavior for her pet therapy work. I have also used cheddar and jack cheeses. About the only things they love more than cheese are meat and carrots.