They are adopting out a dog who BIT... IRRESPONSIBLE RESCUE!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Monkey

They are adopting out a dog who BIT... IRRESPONSIBLE RESCUE!

Post by Monkey »

I am really upset.. I posted about the false assessment.

However, I have a habit of surfing CL to see what I can find for potentinal homes that might be able to deal with a dog like Midnight so far cero luck but still...

BUT...

When I was at the trainer with Midnight the other day for the assessment, he told me about how a dog bit him. Another rott that was VERY dominant. Anyhow, he showed me a two inch bite in the arm, that he had stitched up on his own.

Afterwards they sent photos to me of a really cute rottweiler, he was aboslutely adorable, a year old. And now I find this dog on CL.
This dog is a potentional danger, unless you surpress him and take the bite (alternative really know how to work with a dog like this which we all know there is very limited homes). They are actually adopting him out!!!!!!

and the only way they keep this dog under control is YANK YANK YANK YANK, forcing him to NOT lunge, despite that he is likely scared out of his mind, mentally breaking him creating a ticking bomb. On top of that, he has now broken the bite inhibiton and everyone knows that once broken, the easier it will be for the dog to access that behavior again...

I am seriously worried for the people who takes him in...
The problem is in the other end of the leash!