Couple of problems with Mutt.

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

hbic3

Couple of problems with Mutt.

Post by hbic3 »

My 3 year old Mutt(Lab, Chow, Bijon, Poodle) is very affectionate and very much a "Mamma's girl" and is demanding of attention. The only way to get her to stop her all over you behavior is to ignore her completely as if she is not there. But as people are harder to train than dogs, and everyone thinks they are a dog trainer, anyone who walks through my door is jumped on and bombarded. I tell everyone, do NOT touch, talk to, scold, or try to train her. If she jumps, put your knee up, or just keep walking. But NO ONE listens. My fiance is so annoyed by her(he doesn't listen to me either), that he won't spend more than an hour at my house, and we are expecting twin boys in a month. His 6 yr old is afraid of her because of her hyper behavior.

Also, she IS potty trained. She is put out every 2 to 3 hours, and if we forget or she has to go in the meantime, she asks to go out. She even goes on command. However, she STILL pees and poops on my living room carpet. And now my carpet stinks up my whole house, even though I have tried everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING to get the smell out. The only way to stop her from going in the living room to gate it off, but with my floor plan, that's very difficult to do, and it isn't always feasible. I don't know how to make her stop. She knows she did bad when she does, because if someone steps in it and says anything about it, she hides. So why is she doing it?

How do I get her to stop both these behaviors?

Thanks,

Amy