Almost 7 month old Pup

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: Almost 7 month old Pup

Post by Lotsaquestions »

That's good, I'll keep up the treats!

I made sure he wasn't reacting in the vid by chain feeding treats, if I'd left him to his own devices with man#2 he would have probably walked towards the man and either tried to tentatively sniff his hand or barked. When he goes in front of me like that he's gearing up to bark, its his 'calling card' when we see things he reacts to which makes it easier to predict. Birds, cats, dogs, he'll go ahead of me and stare at it as he figures out what type of bark he should yell out :lol:. Man#1 if left to his own devices he would have ignored, or went wiggly if he looked his way. He wasn't bothered in the least by him.

I hope it isn't me, I'll try and relax more. I think because he's reacted alot recently I might be more 'face of concern as I enact treat plan' instead of just chatting with my mum. He did react very badly earlier today with a man, he almost chased the man away on lead barking and growling (no teeth out, just noise. We were stuck on a busy crossing). It scared me a bit to be honest, was very out of character.
ZaraD

Re: Almost 7 month old Pup

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:39 pm That's good, I'll keep up the treats!

I made sure he wasn't reacting in the vid by chain feeding treats, if I'd left him to his own devices with man#2 he would have probably walked towards the man and either tried to tentatively sniff his hand or barked. When he goes in front of me like that he's gearing up to bark, its his 'calling card' when we see things he reacts to which makes it easier to predict. Birds, cats, dogs, he'll go ahead of me and stare at it as he figures out what type of bark he should yell out :lol:. Man#1 if left to his own devices he would have ignored, or went wiggly if he looked his way. He wasn't bothered in the least by him.

I hope it isn't me, I'll try and relax more. I think because he's reacted alot recently I might be more 'face of concern as I enact treat plan' instead of just chatting with my mum. He did react very badly earlier today with a man, he almost chased the man away on lead barking and growling (no teeth out, just noise. We were stuck on a busy crossing). It scared me a bit to be honest, was very out of character.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure Victoria says that dogs live in the now not the then. So I wouldn't worry lotsaquestions I didn't really see anything either to worry about , I would just try to relax and just do as your doing giving lots of treats man =chicken :D