New Puppy

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Johnnalyn

Re: New Puppy

Post by Johnnalyn »

Thank you Nettle. I wasn't really concerned with the growling, it seemed she had bit him pretty hard as he screamed for a little bit afterwards. Yumie is a notorious water guarder but we've been working on it with our Pomeranian and if I'm around and she sees him drinking she'll stop and stare at me instead of forcing her way in front of him and not letting him drink.

She has a pretty pushy demeanor in general. She takes whatever toy any other dog has and she'll steal a bone or chewy as soon as anybody gets up. She also obsessively follows our other dogs around and gets in front of them when they are going out the dog door or into another room and takes things before they can get to it. We've worked hard on it and somehow she's starting to understand that some toys are not hers and she won't chase toys she knows we're throwing for Baron (the Pomeranian). It's hard to get her out of her obsessive mode though.