Chasing Cars, Tractors, Bicycles etc;

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

kimscot

Chasing Cars, Tractors, Bicycles etc;

Post by kimscot »

their recall [which is excellent] goes right out the window...I have 2, 3 year old Great Danes [***** and a male]..My sister has one Dane..[Male]
Both boys are neutered and in general are very well behaved..BUT both of them just love to chase cars, tractors, bikes and even a plane coming into land....They also run up to other dogs. No aggression, they just want to play..I fully understand they are big dogs and can be frightening but they mean no harm..Women who become hysterical, don't help...
Anyone out there that can help..Both dogs have been very well trained but we don't know how to deal/stop this...

Thanks
Kim x
Fundog

Re: Chasing Cars, Tractors, Bicycles etc;

Post by Fundog »

Hi! We just need a little more information...

When they do this running up to other people/dogs, and chasing large vehicles, I take it they are off lead?

And you say they have very good recall? Is that only under ordinary circumstances, or all the time? Do they recall if they are chasing something and you call them, or do they ignore you?

This will help us come up with better ideas, and help get this bumped back up to the top where someone will see it.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.