toy issues

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

toy issues

Post by meggit »

well im on day 5 of the cute fur ball with sharp teeth and so far so good in some ways she goes out side to wee most of the time she comes to her name unless she has found something she shouldnt have in the garden she still wont be left in the kitchen at night but i have a camp bed so ive been sleeping in there buddy and her had been doing really well till an upset today over a stuffed toy buddy had it tilley wanted it world war 3 broke out i was on the floor with them so was able to remove offending toy and seperate dogs no physical damage was done and its only that one toy that seems to have started it there has been no problems with any other toy that ive seen and i do supervise all joint play times this thing with the stuffed toy came out of the blue and maybe i wasnt paying as much attention as i thought, so is this a big issue or am i worrying over nothing
Nettle

Re: toy issues

Post by Nettle »

This is what dogs do, so worry constructively :wink: just be a bit more alert to stop it happening again.

Might be your turn of phrase, but you should be taking the puppy out to potty, not expecting her to go out when she needs to, or to tell you when she needs to.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
meggit

Re: toy issues

Post by meggit »

oh i do take her out every hour on the hour but she sometimes a) wont go b) dosnt do a full wee so 10 mins later she wees on my floor but in the 5 days shes been here ive had 6 accidents on my carpet she just hasnt got the hang of asking yet, at night she wees then crys and being partially deaf i cant hear her move about i only hear her when she cries so thats a bit more difficult