Puppy crying when left

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

PoppyLJ

Puppy crying when left

Post by PoppyLJ »

Hello I just got a new Jack Chi on the 23/10/14 woman told me she was not due to be wormed till her next booster. I told her have a 16 month old son so dog has to be ok. she reassured me all was fine but poppy once home started to get unwell i put it down to her having her first jag that day by woman's vet. NO she coughed up ringworm and was infested with them i got that sorted by my vet and she has VIP helth plan and insurance in place. But my worry is if she is awake in her pen and i need to sort my son she cry's non stop. at night she is worse starts howling and neighbours are ready to complain i cant take her into bed with me due to son shares my bed as am breastfeeding. {sorry if too much info} Vet said let her cry it out??/ It just feels too cruel to do this and am scared it will affect her badly I really want to make sure with a tiny puppy am doing right thing for her any help and tips most welcome for Poppy's sake I dont want a scared dog if do wrong thing thank you I'm Cara and hello everyone.This is my first dog. Lived with dog's but this first one am responsible for.