Puppy biting my dogs

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

linsb3769

Puppy biting my dogs

Post by linsb3769 »

Hi all,
I am hoping you can help. I have 2 staffys aged 4 & 5, they are incredibly close and good natured, they are not aggressive in any way and tend to keep away from other dogs when off lead, they don't mind other dogs coming over to sniff them and the eldest will sometimes run around them. The problem is my daughters new puppy :D He is a 12 week old GSD x Doberman and such a lovely natured dog, his training is coming on really well apart from the biting. I know he is teething and she/we are doing everything to teach him not to bite, BUT when he is on the field playing off lead with my 2 he continually runs up and bites them! He has had warning growls off them but he carries on, I do not like my 2 to being biten but and am worried they will only put up with so much, especially the eldest. We have tried distracting him, putting him back on his lead, taking toys, treats etc but he just seems to focus on chasing my dogs and biting them :(
He is supposed to be staying with us in a month as she is away for a few days on a course, but I do not want to put him in an enclosed space and him biting still as none of them will have anywhere to go to escape! HELP