Dog bathrooms in house

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

karimd

Post by karimd »

:lol: That's funny!

Yeah I am sure my Jack Russell would like to eat three times a day and maybe foru or five....if I let him eat when ever he was hungry you probably wouldn't be able to see his feet. :lol:

Sorry if anyone's a vet but I had some cats awhile back and the vet kept saying my little girl was fine but the way she looked and things that were going on there was no way she was okay. She was in bad shape. So I don't always trust everything they say.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Nobody has said to feed your dog 3 or more times a day. The reason vets suggest twice a day is because dogs can get bloat when fed once a day, especially the deep chested dogs. Some people feed a main meal at night and a very small meal, usually dog biscuits, mornings. One of mine has had bloat and it is really horrible to see them suffer. Many dogs don't come through this.

Although my dogs get fed 3 times a day, one has had bloat which I have already said, and another has low blood sugar problems, they only get the same amount of food as they would if they were fed once a day. Their food is split into 3 portions.

There is not reason for any dog to get fat no matter how many times a day they are fed.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Mattie wrote:
There is not reason for any dog to get fat no matter how many times a day they are fed.

Very true :D
Find the cause, find the cure.

A dog is never 'bad' or 'naughty'. It is simply behaving like a dog.
karimd

Post by karimd »

Yeah I have seen dog shows of people who have obese pets and its makes me upset. I just want to smack reality back into them. Especially when they think nothing is wrong. It's not that hard to keep an animal healthy but harder to get them back to being healthy once not there.