New dog bullying existing dog

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

missyfit13

Re: New dog bullying existing dog

Post by missyfit13 »

Yes, I called the lady I got them from and she said she has done that since they got her 4 years ago. She only seems to do it in strange places which explains why she did it so much the first 3 days. But, today she keeps peeing on her male buddy whenever he poops. Poor guy keeps getting a bath because I'm not close enough to stop it. I hope she stops that soon too.

So far, over 24 hours since we have had any snarling, snapping, biting, at the old guy. I don't know if it has stopped or slowed down, but it seems to be better. She keeps smelling the old guys ears, butt, and flank. He just stands there, and last night on our walk, they touched noses.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

AH :idea:
missyfit13 wrote:She keeps smelling the old guys ears, butt, and flank. He just stands there.

Take your old guy for a full vet check: blood profiles, ears, eyes, teeth, skeleton, joints, the lot. It may be that he is just at the start of a health issue that she can detect. Most of these are easily managed but you have to know what is what first. :wink:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
missyfit13

Post by missyfit13 »

Yes, he just had this all done in June, right after I lost my big aussie to a brain tumor. Vet checked everything. He suffers, and has for some time from enlarged heart, and collapsed trachea. We keep a close eye on his health, but will not do anything extreme to prolong his life. He is 14, and other than those two (big) health issues, is in good health.