Fireworks Preperation

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MPbandmom

Re: Fireworks Preperation

Post by MPbandmom »

It was a good thing I took Sirius out when I did as waiting until 6 would have been too late. She wore her thundershirt and ate chicken bits. At times she was too stressed to eat the chicken though. We gave her some rock rose, but what eventually seemed to do the trick was turning the tv volume up to a somewhat uncomfortable level for us, but loud enough to pretty well drown out the fireworks. At one point my husband muted the TV becasue a commercial came on that he didn't want to watch, and almost instantly Sirius started trembling again. Now we will just have to wait and see how many people have leftover fireworks around here. At least the yard was free of bottle rocket debris this year. I think that is largely due to the family with the large group of dogs that lived diagonally across the street having moved.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Buddy'smyboy

Post by Buddy'smyboy »

emmabeth wrote: We have cyber-wine and spirits of all kinds at the Positively.com forums bar... free bar tonight! :D
I hope you're checking for cyper-ID as well; I'm sure I'm not the only minor on the forums :wink: I'll take a strawberry lemonade with extra strawberries though! :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

We often have to do the loud tv, but these days we can get things down to just having white noise (the cooler fan for example) and lower level telly to take the edge off the outside noises.

And yeah.. the cyber-bar with the cyber-booze...... has me! Cyber-police! neenawneenawneenaw......
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Buddy'smyboy

Post by Buddy'smyboy »

emmabeth wrote: neenawneenawneenaw......
I love your sirens immitation, though I'm pretty sure I've heard a donkey make that noise too. :lol: :P :mrgreen:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

is that how they came up with the noise for sirens in Europe/UK? record a donkey? :shock: :lol:
Buddy'smyboy

Post by Buddy'smyboy »

jacksdad wrote:is that how they came up with the noise for sirens in Europe/UK? record a donkey? :shock: :lol:
Well if they sound like neenawneenawneenaw then I think there is a distinct possibility :lol: :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Nooooo.. Donks go 'heehaw' not neenaw! Unless you put flashy blue lights on their heads.. then they might?

Actually I think UK police-cars go woo-woo-woo, and its ambulances that go neenawneenaw..

Er.... how did we get onto this again?
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Buddy'smyboy

Post by Buddy'smyboy »

emmabeth wrote:Nooooo.. Donks go 'heehaw' not neenaw! Unless you put flashy blue lights on their heads.. then they might?

Actually I think UK police-cars go woo-woo-woo, and its ambulances that go neenawneenaw..

Er.... how did we get onto this again?
We were talking about cyber-police for the cyber-bar due to minors being present on the premise. Hey, you volunteered to be the cyber-police! You should be on top of things like this :P :lol:

And noooo, donkies don't have to go "heehaw", they can and do go "neenaw" when they want to! They are creatures with talented (albeit awful) sounding vocal cords. :lol: :lol:

And US police cars sound much better; all the dogs sing along with them :lol: AWHOOOOOOOooooooooEEEEEEEuuuuuuu.... (< yes that was my awesome sirens imitation 8) )
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

emmabeth wrote:We have cyber-wine and spirits of all kinds at the Positively.com forums bar... free bar tonight! :D
hummm emmabeth moderator AND cyber police AND pointing the way to the cyber bar...me smells entrapment :twisted: :lol: