emmabeth i need your help

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Post by danabanana »

woohoo! sounds like progress! :D
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Fingers crossed that that is the answer for you. What a tough time :(
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

sportfish wrote:we have had a break through!!!!! my friend had the dog overnight and her bedroom was closer to the dog that mine is. My friend has heard my dog crying (albeit very quietly) she got up and let her out and she did a POO!!!! hooorah. so now i am investing in a baby monitor so i can hear her when she wants out. Keep your fingers crossed peeps this could be it!!!
WONDERFUL why not put her in her crate in your bedroom, preferably next to your bed so she can wake you. Once she is going through the night, you can gradually mover her back to the kitchen. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
sportfish

Post by sportfish »

its a good idea mattie only thing is i dont have enough room in my room for a dog crate and a new born baby plus night feed etc would just be a nightmare. Ill try the baby monitor first and if all else fails try it. thanks helen
leigh

Post by leigh »

I am by no means an expert - I'm just a dog owner who fumbles her own way along, learning new things every day about being a doggy parent!

I get up to pee throughout the night once or twice every night. If my dogs need to go, then I let them out every time I get up throughout the night. My youngest used to get up every time one of us would go to the bathroom at night time, and she'd go outside and either pee or poop - EVERY time. Now she sleeps through the whole night, and poops first thing in the morning only.

My youngest is 2 now, but she STILL poops inside occasionally - VERY rarely, but if we don't wake up early enough and she really needs to go, then she does. We just clean it up, ignore it and don't make any fuss - and make sure that we give her the option to go out throughout the night, and try and get up earlier so that she can go first thing.

How are things going now? Could you perhaps get up througout the night to let her out? What about when the bub's born - you'll probably be up with the bub a few times at night, you could let the pup out at the same time.

I wouldn't be too stressed though, she's only a baby still! And really, it's just poop..
loza123

Post by loza123 »

I have just finished reading the thread and am glad that you have made a breakthrough with your dog i have my fingers crossed Just from reading your thread i can tell ,you have had a hard time keep us posted!!

GOOD LUCK

lauren