Walking replacements?

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ladybug1802

Walking replacements?

Post by ladybug1802 »

As Dylan has broken one of his claws he needs to be 'kept quiet' for a week and not walked! Its OK at the moment as he is limping and feeling rather sorry for himself, but when he starts to feel better its going to be very hard for him as he is very active! I am going to do lots more clicker training, teaching him tricks etc, but was wondering what other things you could suggest for tiring him out mentally, seeing as he wont be able to be being tired physically?

This morning I have come into the office and left him at home with his breakfast split into his kong wobbler and his Nina Ottosen dog pyramid. I have also left him with a stuffed frozen kong, and a cardboard toilet roll, stuffed with paper, with a biscuit inside. He will only be left for this morning as am going to go home at lunch time and work at home for the rest of the day....but I hate even leaving him alone for 4 hours in the morning, especially when he hasnt had a good walk.
Nettle

Re: Walking replacements?

Post by Nettle »

I'm sure others will be along soon with some good ideas, so I am just saying that a massage is almost as good as a walk :)
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

Ooh hadnt thought of that! Good idea...he would love that actually!!
Beau&Luke'sMomn

Post by Beau&Luke'sMomn »

A massage is a great idea. I wish I had thought of that when Beau was recovering from knee surgery and had to be kept quiet. Beau & Luke love massages, especially Luke!!
Good luck with Dylan's healing process.