Unresponsive! Advice needed.

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

spooky

Re: Unresponsive! Advice needed.

Post by spooky »

Thanks nettle and elsa.

Nettle - yesterday was great walk. I decided not to complicate and everything was so much easier :) I realy apprichiate your advices :) Only one thing i was seeking from my dog - attention, and I've got it. Recall will be on hold until recomended book comes. I'll post our progress in this thread. I noticed that if I let my dog do his stuff to long, he starts looking for crap to eat and in that moment I have to get his attention to do something else (crap eating is our major problem).

Elsa - you've gave me some greta ideas. I'm in urban place with less green places... So we have to drive to woods.

I was saying that he doesn't want to play fetch game - I meant he doesn't like it outside :D Inside I have large area where I can throw him toys but as he is getting bigger, game inside will be gone, at least fetch or catch games will.
Don't blame dog! - he/she is just reflection of owner
spooky

Re: Unresponsive! Advice needed.

Post by spooky »

Hy everyone.

I must say that our walks are great for past month. I do the walks with long leash and tasty treats...
I have some other isuess with my dog:
1. He wants to play with me all the time inside like he doesn't know how to play alone.
2. His favourite game is thug-of-war but he gets super excited when we play this game. I'm trying to put some training when playing thug-of-war like sit, down... And that works but he is still very excited and hyper.

What can I do with this 2 isuess? How to deal with hyper and super excited dog. Every game gets us to hyper stage... If he doesn't get to be hyper in game he shows me that this game that we are playing is boring...
Don't blame dog! - he/she is just reflection of owner