From the Middle of Nowhere...

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wickedhippy

From the Middle of Nowhere...

Post by wickedhippy »

I wasn't sure what to tell everyone - still not really, lol, but I'll try my best - here goes;

I am DeLinda - I live in a small town that boasts a population of four thousand plus, but I think I've met just about everyone, and I haven't met anywhere NEAR 4,000 people, lol. It's a VERY small town - look it up, it's called Ely, NV. The closest mall is over 4 hours away. I'm not kidding. And no, I'm not close to Las Vegas - which is too bad because that's where my family is. Don't ask me how I got here, the only thing that matters is that I'm here now. But it's not all bad - it snows a lot, and doesn't get very hot in the summer. :)

I HAD a dog, but it was taken away from me because of Breed Restriction Laws in my apartment complex. Her name was Dakota, and she was a Pit/American Bulldog mix. She was sweet and very dog and people friendly. By the age of 10 weeks, with the help of Victoria's books (How to Have the Perfect Pet and Fat Dog Slim), she was very well trained, and very beautiful. I had her until she was 6 months old - and though she caused no problems, and all of my neighbors loved her, she was removed from my home and given to someone else.

I want another dog - but obviously I have to be very careful if I want to keep it. Now that I've been told the rules - rules that the manager conveniently forgot to mention when I first moved in - I will make sure it's an acceptable breed.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a dog trainer - or do something that kept me in close proximity with dogs, but unfortunately things happened that made certain things impossible - though I DO volunteer at the local shelter as often as I can.

I LOVE Victoria's methods, have been a huge fan since IMOTD started in the states. Own both of her books (as mentioned above), and I do not miss ONE episode of the show... I even get up at 8am daily so I can watch the re-runs. It's helped me with my dogs in the past, and my neighbors that have dogs actually come up and watch the show with me, or borrow my books, so they can learn +R. I'm happy to help any way I can. I am a believer in the scientifically proven methods that Victoria teaches, and I look forward to learning more from her & the show every day.

Thank you Victoria, for helping people come out of the Dark Ages with positive reinforcement training!! You're amazing!!

And hello everyone else - I'm looking forward to sharing opinions (nicely, lol), and learning and sharing techniques with all of you. :)
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
nightsrainfall

Re: From the Middle of Nowhere...

Post by nightsrainfall »

Welcome to the board! I don't have a dog currently either and I volunteer at the local shelter as well. :-)
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi DeLinda and welcome to the forums! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to chatting with you! :D
--dontpugme
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Thanks guys! Looking forward to sharing more doggie tales (tails? lol) with you!! :lol: :D :wink:
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Hi and welcome aboard! :D Can't wait to hear some of your "Dog Tails", WickedHippy! :D