Excessive Barking

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

donnasec4

Excessive Barking

Post by donnasec4 »

Hi, We have a 9 month, male, old yellow lab puppy. He is a wonderful dog and is the best natured possible. He has overcome the jumping problem we had at first with him when someone came in the door. He just is so excited to see everyone.
The main problem we have with him is his excessive barking. When I am on the computer he stands and barks at me and in the evenings when my husband just wants to relax, he stands by his chair and barks. It about breaks your eardrum he is so loud.
We are both retired so he gets pleanty of attention and playtime but at these two specific times, he barks and barks at us. It isn't because he is lacking for attention but I think he thinks he is.
We have tried shutting the door but he scratches at it then.
The breeder told us that he would probably be a barker because his mother is. I don't know if that matters at all but he definately is a barker.
Thanks a lot for any suggestions. Donna
***Melissa***

Re: Excessive Barking

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forums :D

Could you please ask your question in the training section of the forum? That way you will get more responses to your question, as the 'experts' concentrate on those areas of the forum.

Also, when asking you question, include as much details as possible, and also your dog's routine.

Thanx :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams