Hello from Leeds W Yorkshire

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

michaelasi

Hello from Leeds W Yorkshire

Post by michaelasi »

hello guys ,

I am a romanian adopted by the yorkshire people , love animals and I have been surrounded by them always .

At the present time , I am the proud owner of a pair of akitas , the she wolf :D is a petite American akita , 6 years of age next month , she is a private re-homed girl , she did not had a great start of her life and in the first 13 months of her life had 3 owners , she had suffered of malnourishment when she was a young girl but now she is my little chubs hehehe , She is very calm dog , knows precisely how to handle people, dogs , cats and rabbits `She love each and every single of the above species . She has just 3 problems , the bees the pigeons and the rats . LOL . I am very tempted next year to enroll her in Pets at therapy here in UK .

My male akita is a cross japanese with american akita . He is a rescue boy ( was take out of the council pond just hours before he would be put to sleep) . Was found by a beck and when the local authority managed to locate the owner , the owner said ' DO what u want with him , he is to much of a wimp for me'. Says it all . He was very scared , was a wreck of a dog , cowering on back of his kennel and shivering like a leaf every time somebody would go near him . He was rescued by a charity here in UK who specialize in rescuing and re-homing this particular breed . They had him 8 months in safe kennels , with the help and patience from the kennels staff and the charity people he started to get more confidant but he really show his true personality and his beautiful character when he come to live in my house . nearly 5 months ago . He is my super star my beautiful lad and he is very intelligent. He is getting better with fast cars passing by on the street , with people passing by us ( he used to pull back to go home or he would hide in the bushes if a stranger would come by from the opposite direction . He is learning from our female girl on how to be a doggy . He is around 3 years of age.He is not a bad dog but he is yet to get fully used with the cats in our household . But this is another story and I will start a new thread about this problem .

Also we have 7 cats . The last kitty (6-8 months) got it couple days ago when he turn in our garden and did not wanted to leave . is not michrochiped , not neutered and nobody knows where it comes from. So he is our little leopard ( hence the name Leo )
we have 3 b/w cats 2 boys and a girl
1 ginger male Jerry belly
1 tiger is a she cat .
and one black fluffy male called Mikey , who keeps his tongue out when he is content or done something silly

Thats me
thank u for reading me
michaelasi

Re: Hello from Leeds W Yorkshire

Post by michaelasi »

~The white and brown is my little girl Kia
and the toffee with black mask is my lad Brewster
enjoy
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Hello - and welcome! :D Just wanted to say that your dogs are so beautiful!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Michaelasi! :D I have a six-year-old American Akita named Karma and she has been a wonderful dog! I have one or two pictures of her under "Photos of your dogs." However, I'll post them again here:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
michaelasi

Post by michaelasi »

thank u guys for the warm welcome
Karma is gorgeous and she is so much alike kia. She has same cheeky expression as my little chubs .
just a curiosity ... how tall is karma ? Kia is 21 inch to the shoulders . She is a dwarf akita hehehehe.
we r doing from time to time walks with people from akita charity and they nick named her Petite bijou or Teflon coated Kia . at the walks every dog are up to there eyes coated in mud , but not kia . She hates to get herself dirty and if u spot any splash of mud u will not see it for long :lol: .
I have seen 2 dogs with the same markings as karma so far. One is a female and she is quite a tall arrogant little monkey (but she has a good heart she spent allot of time in safe kennels now is in fostering but amazing girl , she went from aggressive teen to become a very calm , gentle and friendly dog , even she got on with her fosters cat in the space of 2 months or so her name is belle , I am thinking to steal her hehehehe so gorgeous she is ..

and the second dog with same markings as karma is a male , I think is about 3 years of age , just been rescued couple weeks ago . he is fluffy long coat akita. Unfortunately he has cataracts on both eyes and cant see much , just shadows. His fosters r quite proud of him , he is learning fast and furious were things r in the house and he dose not bump as much . Every one is in love with him , now people r trying to raise funds for an eye operation . He would be able to see again. lets hope he will get at least 60 % of his eyes sight again .

will have a look in the pic section . thank u again guys
Last edited by michaelasi on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Welcome to the forum from another from West Yorkshire, Huddersfield so not far from you, I also help any rescue that needs help in this area, transporting, homechecks etc.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
michaelasi

Post by michaelasi »

Mattie wrote:Welcome to the forum from another from West Yorkshire, Huddersfield so not far from you, I also help any rescue that needs help in this area, transporting, homechecks etc.

thank u Mattie , how small is the world hehehe. Hudd is not to far at all .
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Michaelasi,

Karma is 24 inches tall from the withers, loves to get dirty, then loves to clean herself! :D She is definitely a purebreed akita! :lol:

I've noticed that your dogs, Kia and Brewster, look more of the Japanese Akita! You have beautiful dogs! :D

Here's to our Akitas!

CHEERS! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Welcome to the forum. Your dogs have lovely, kind faces. Thanks for joining!