Hey! from GA

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

leslie123

Hey! from GA

Post by leslie123 »

I'm Leslie and I live in GA with my husband, daughter-12 and son-17, two cats (Boomer and Sable) and our new puppy Sulley who is a Great Pyrenees and white sheperd mix. My daughter and I are avid followers of Victoria's show for the last two years. Sulley is our family's first puppy, he's just been with us for a little over two weeks now. He was a shelter dog. My daughter and I have always said as we've watched Victoria work her magic with owners and dogs (mostly owners) that we would love to put her training methods into practice if we ever had the chance to get a dog. So, armed with a couple of years of watching on TV and book in hand, we are now doing just that. Its been a great first two weeks already. Yes, hard work, but we already see the wonderful results of positive training in our little Sulley bear. He's now 12 weeks old (aprox) and he will come, sit, down, wait and we're working on leave it which has great beginning results. The nipping is proving to be quite a challenge, but we are practicing the "uh-uh" and stopping play or attention when he does it, and then giving him a toy he can chew on. I'm really thrilled to have found the forum here, I look forward to participating.
emmabeth

Re: Hey! from GA

Post by emmabeth »

Hey, welcome to the forums,

Puppies are such fun... but such hard work! We have lots of advice on puppy stuff, take a look through the Training Articles section of the forum and get one step ahead of your pup!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Leslie123! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

Thank you for the welcome. :)