We`re new, me `n` Eliza, hello

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

elizadolittle

We`re new, me `n` Eliza, hello

Post by elizadolittle »

Hi, I adopted Eliza Dolittle on Saturday and today was thinking what have I done? This little dog has so many issues, where do I begin? So I joined the forum and having read a few bits am pleased to see that what I have done today is on the right track and I am already seeing results. Eliza is a 3 year old JRT. In the 2 days I have had her she has displayed fear aggression with other dogs, chases cats, tries to dominate me, cries when I`m out of sight, cries in her crate even though she can see me, growls alot, and gets over excited in the car and makes a very high pitched noise the whole time the engine is running! I am going to tackle the separation anxiety first as I feel this will have the biggest impact on both of us. All advice greatly received. :?
Attachments
ickle dod.jpg
ickle dod.jpg (2.6 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
wvvdiup1

Re: We`re new, me `n` Eliza, hello

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Elizadolittle! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Noobs

Re: We`re new, me `n` Eliza, hello

Post by Noobs »

Many people here will tell you she's not trying to dominate you. She's just confused and stressed and especially in JRTs that manifests itself into behavior that looks mean and tough.

Welcome to the forums. If you go through the other posts and find that you have specific questions please do post them. I went through about 2 weeks of "What have I done?!" when I first brought my dog home. Now I can't imagine life without him, and can't imagine what I ever did when I didn't have him, issues and all! :D